Rome, Georgia has a new trail AND a new Mountain Bike Race!
When: November 5 & 6, 2011
Where: Jackson Hill, Rome, Georgia
Register Here: www.imathlete.com.
- Saturday’s Events: Kid’s 10am, 1st Timers 11am and Short Track Cross Country (STXC) 1PM.
- Sunday’s Events: Cross Country events (15 mi) for Juniors and Adult C Mens/Wmns at 10am. Adult A/B Mens/Womens at 1PM
- A = Pro, B = Expert, C = Intermediate & Novice. Please e-mail Julie with your classification after registration.
- Kids and Junior race registration is $25 early and race day is $30 and adult is $45/50.
- One lap is approximately three miles of fast, single track, short climbs, and a short section of gravel roads with two wooden bridges.
- Proceeds benefit the Friends of Rome and Floyd County Trails.
- The races will be held at historic Jackson Hill/Fort Norton earthen fortifications that were a part of a system of Civil War “earthworks” that helped revolutionized the science of war. Jackson Hill is one of Rome’s esteemed seven hills and provides a wonderfully calm respite in the middle of the city. Parking is available in the Rome Civic Center parking lot near the Rome Visitors Center which houses a gift shop.
- SORBA Forum Topic
- Rome News Tribune Article
- Even more details & information on imATHLETE.com
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org